MHANYS is very pleased that our Care Path (Community Partners) team will be presenting at this conference, highlighting the work that is being done around their innovative model focused on a relational, whole health, approach towards recovery.
Senior Consultant, NYSTEC
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
NYSTEC to Shine a Spotlight on Mental Health Awareness and
Well-Being with Sixth Annual Population Health Innovation Summit
(Albany, NY, May 30, 2023) – NYSTEC will host its sixth annual Population Health Innovation Summit (PHIS 2023) at the Albany Capital Center on Tuesday, June 6, 2023, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Registration is open for this free, public event with an option for guests to attend in-person or virtually.
PHIS 2023 will highlight innovative programs and partnerships across New York State that promote mental health and well-being. This transformative event will bring together professional mental health representatives from various state agencies and organizations to engage in meaningful conversations and inspire positive change on the topic of mental health and well-being.
“This event will provide a platform for an interactive, multi-stakeholder discussion on mental health programming in New York State,” said Emily Light, Practice Leader – Population Health Strategy Planning & Design, NYSTEC. “Innovation and community are two of our guiding principles at NYSTEC and we are proud to be able to offer this event once again to further the discussion on population health in New York State.”
Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of mental health challenges, access valuable resources, and discover initiatives taking place across New York State that promote mental health. Please join us for pioneering case studies, engaging panel discussions, and opportunities to network with professionals in the community who recognize the importance of these critical issues.
Key features of the event include:
- Inspiring Speakers: Distinguished mental health professionals and advocates will share their insights and strategies, including information about specific programs that promote well-being and resilience.
- Interactive Panel Discussions: Experts and community leaders will lead engaging panel discussions addressing pressing topics surrounding mental health awareness and well-being. Topics will include current challenges, innovative approaches, the importance of destigmatizing mental health issues. A question-and-answer session will follow.
- Resource Tables: Resource tables will provide an opportunity for speakers to share additional information with attendees, who are invited to stop by the tables throughout the day.
- Therapy Dogs: Guests can visit with several therapy dogs brought by Therapy Dogs International, a volunteer organization dedicated to the regulating, testing, and registration of therapy dogs and their volunteer handlers.
- Networking: A networking reception will take place following closing remarks where attendees can connect with speakers and peers.
- Continuing Education Credits: An application for 6 (six) Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)® (entry level) Category I continuing education contact hours (CECH) has been made to the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC). Individuals who participate in CHES can earn 6 CECH through PHIS 2023 when they attend either in person or virtually. An evaluation for each session attended must be returned to the PHIS planning committee by Friday, July 22, 2023, to be eligible for credits.
“Mental health is a significant component of overall population health and wellness,” stated Kevin Owens, President & CEO, NYSTEC. “Our goal for this event is to learn about new approaches that organizations are taking to address mental health and encourage conversation and collaboration on this very important and timely topic.”
The event will include speakers from the New York State Office of Mental Health, New York State Dwyer Coalition, Center for Innovation in Mental Health at the CUNY School of Public Health, Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Inc., Hope Community, Inc., Nathan S. Kline Institute, Mental Health Association in New York State, NextStep Health, Capital Region Chamber, Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc., and the New York State Behavioral Health Ombudsman Office.
To register and learn more about PHIS 2023, please visit phis2023.com.
You can follow NYSTEC on LinkedIn or learn more by visiting https://www.nystec.com.
NYSTEC is an independent, nonprofit technology consulting company headquartered in Rome, NY, with offices in Albany and New York City. Created in 1996 to facilitate the transfer of technology, innovation, and expertise between the public and private sectors in support of economic development. Today NYSTEC is a trusted advisor to government agencies, institutions, and businesses, assisting with strategic planning, technology acquisitions and implementations, and data optimization across industries. NYSTEC helps support the Central and Upstate New York innovation system through its startup accelerator, IgniteU NY. For more information, visit the NYSTEC website: https://www.nystec.com.