Rally to support Jumaane Williams Calls to Improve NYC’s Response to people Experiencing Mental Health Crisis
Join Jumaane Williams, Public Advocate, as he talks about his report calling for reforms of NYC’s response to crisis calls, creating non police response.
When: TOMORROW morning
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Time: 10:15 a.m.
Where: 1 Center Street – 2 blocks south of the courts
4, 5, 6 trains to Brooklyn Bridge in Manhattan, R train to City Hall
CCITNYC coalition, www.ccitnyc.org, thanks the Public Advocate for calling for:
- Non-police alternatives in response to crisis situations
- More preventative care to avoid 911 calls
- Alternate number to call, not 911
- More roles for mental health peers, at all levels
- Crisis Intervention Team(CIT) Training for 36,000 police officers
Contact Carla Rabinowitz, 212-780-1400 x7726