Date: July 2022
Job Title: MHFA/YMHFA Trainers (3 positions available) Program: Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $52,000 plus benefits
Summary of the Positions
MHANYS is hiring 3 MHFA Trainers to support growing demand for this program; the right candidates will be trained in MHFA/YMHFA, if necessary (position is based on passing certification process). These staff positions will report to and support the following:
• 2 trainers will work under the direction of the Director of the School Mental Health Resource and Training Center and will primarily focus on delivering Youth Mental Health Aid (YMHFA).
•1 trainer will work under the direction of the Director of Outreach & Business Engagement and will primarily focus on delivering Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
These forward‐facing positions have program delivery responsibilities which include outreach, customer service and delivery of trainings as assigned. These positions will also participate and contribute to enhancing an office culture that is culturally respectful, client‐centered, outcome‐oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Function as a MHANYS MHFA/YMHFA Trainer.
- Provide overall program support for the Mental Health First Aid and Youth Health First Aid programming at MHANYS with a specific focus on outreach and customer service.
- Assist in outreach and engagement activities designed to reach the diverse communities of NYS.
- Provide MHANYS trainings and presentations as assigned.
- Attend community and workplace meetings and workshops as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional, yet engaging, training style both in‐person and online.
- Ability to:
a. work independently and collaboratively;
b. create, compose, and edit written materials;
c. gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
d. meet tight deadlines; and
e. travel across New York State for trainings as assigned.
- Innovative and critical thinking skills are necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Ability to promote principles of recovery and cultural competency.
- Possess professional demeanor and commitment to high quality of service.
- Strong computer skills. Familiarity with online training/presentation/conferencing platforms, project management systems and MS/Google systems.
Education and/or Experience
Required experience ‐ Trainer experience with in‐person and on‐line trainings and presentations.
Preferred experience includes:
- Bachelor (or higher) in human services/helping professions (inclusive of EAP/HR positions) or 5+ years related of experience preferred.
- School Focused Trainers ‐ Direct work/care/support with children (K‐12 age) experience but not necessarily in schools ‐ CBOs, healthcare, education‐adjacent institutions.
- Workforce Focused Trainer – Any combination that includes more than one of the following: Workforce Development, Human Resources, Customer Service, and logistic responsibilities.
- Bilingual skills (Chinese/English or Spanish/English) preferred.
MHANYS is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.
Location: MHANYS is based in Albany and we currently employ a hybrid office model ‐ allowing for remote work while maintaining in‐person work, as required. Applicants who live outside of the Capital Region must be able to travel to Albany as needed with notice. These positions also require state‐wide travel with advance notice.
Submit Cover Letter with training preference (MHFA or YMHFA trainer) and Resume to *firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>* by July 31, 2022.