Program: MHANYS’ Mental Health Community Partners (MHCP)
Job Title: MHCP Trainer
MHANYS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We strongly encourage applications from individuals who identify as people of color, LGBTQ+ and/or members of other diverse communities. We encourage applicants to consider their qualifications broadly (e.g. any combination of lived experience, knowledge, skills, education, etc.) when applying.
Summary of the Position
This position has program delivery responsibilities which includes outreach and delivery of trainings as assigned. This position will also participate and contribute to enhancing an office culture that is culturally respectful, client‐centered, outcome‐oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall program support for the MHANYS Mental Health Community Partners programming.
- Function as an MHANYS Mental Health Community Partners Trainer.
- Assist in outreach and engagement activities designed to reach the diverse communities of NYS.
- Provide MHANYS trainings and presentations as assigned.
- Attend community and workplace meetings and workshops as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional, yet engaging, training style both in‐person and online.
- Ability to:
a. work independently and collaboratively;
b. create, compose, and edit written materials;
c. gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
d. meet tight deadlines; and
e. travel across New York State for 3‐day trainings as assigned.
- Innovative and critical thinking skills necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Ability to promote principles of recovery and cultural competency.
- Possess professional demeanor and commitment to high quality of service.
- Strong computer skills. Familiarity with online training/presentation/conferencing platforms, project management systems and MS/Google systems.
Education and/or Experience
We are looking for someone who has either the experience or aptitude to conduct trainings on-line and in-person. You will need to be able to be focused, engaged, and interactive for extended periods of time while conducting MHCP trainings. Preferred:
- Experience in direct care/support with individuals and families managing behavioral health challenges.
- Bilingual skills (Chinese/English or Spanish/English) preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Location: MHANYS is currently a hybrid office. Ability to work in Albany required.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 2, 2022.