MHANYS CarePath™ Coach Certification
Free Training Opportunity!
Become a certified MHANYS CarePath™ Coach with this FREE certification training opportunity!
Thanks to the Brave of Heart Fund and Mental Health America, MHANYS is able to offer this opportunity to certify NYS MHANYS CarePath™ Coaches and support the mental wellbeing of NYS frontline healthcare workers and their families. Upon certification, we ask you offer this program to only three frontline healthcare workers and their families.
Frontline workers include non-medical staff, home health aides, geriatric caregivers, hospice staff, behavioral health staff, residential staff, school nurses, school counselors, and others.
With your certification, you can provide coaching services to others in your community.
Submit an application to qualify for this project!
Included in MHANYS CarePath™ Coach Certification
- 21 hours of in-person training or 15 hours of online training both options include a two-year designation as Certified MHANYS CarePath™ Coach upon completion.
- MHANYS CarePath™ Coaching Manual and access to all materials
- Curriculum titled, Recovery & A Wellness Mindset, a 90 minute workshop for ongoing engagement post 90 days
- 20 renewal clock hours from NYS Office of Addiction Services & Support for CASAC
- 20 renewable clock credit hours from the NYPSCB for Peer Support Specialists, Youth Peer Advocates and Family Peer Advocates
- Full suite of Instructor support and technical assistance
- Quarterly webinars throughout certification period
- Quarterly MHANYS CarePath™ Newsletters
- Attendance at MHANYS annual conference/ workshops for MHANYS CarePath™ Coaches
To submit your application, please attach the application PDF in an email to Deborah Faust at email@example.com with the subject “MHANYS CarePath™ Coach Application”
ON- and Off-line training includes;
- In-person Training includes twenty-one hours of classroom instruction over the course of three days and taught by authorized MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors.
- Trainings typically run for eight hours each day 9am-5pm including an hour for lunch (lunch included) and each class accommodates a maximum of 16 candidates.
- Online training consists of 3 hours for five consecutive days (Mon – Fri) typically 9am – 12noon and includes off line assignments, and each class accommodates a maximum of 10 attendees.
- Both On and Off line training include exercises, videos, role plays and coaching circles and are taught by authorized MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors.
You must be certified by Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. to be a MHANYS CarePath™ Coach. MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors will determine certification based on participation, basic understanding of materials presented and a final brief presentation.
In-person classroom instruction;
- $2,000 per-person for in-person class instruction (6 or more group rate is $1,500 per-person)
- Maximum attendees per class is 16 and lunch is included in the cost
Online class instruction;
- $1,500 per-person
- Maximum attendees per class is 10
Payment must accompany registration by credit card. We recommend applying 3 to 4 weeks prior to your preferred course training date.
Director of Family Engagement & Support Services
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS)
518-434-0439 x 221