What is a
A CarePath™ Coach offers transitional support through the engagement of the individual and their family or identified supporters for the first 90-120 days transitioning from treatment settings including; hospitals, supportive housing, addiction rehabilitation centers, youth residential settings, correctional facilities, etc. CarePath™ participants all embark on a process of recovery alongside their loved ones and define their health and well-being with the realistic expectation that wellness similar to illness lives on a continuum.
A CarePath™ Coach assists the key person in need and their family members and/or supporters in:
- understanding the wellness continuum
- learning the process and principles of recovery
- developing realistic expectations and effective communication skills
- designing explicit goals and key elements of care within a defined period of time (90-120 days)
- each person identifies health and well-being through the 8 dimensions of wellness
- building on successes that influence the health of the whole family, including the children
- skill building to encourage connectedness and supportive relationships
- promotion of responsible decision-making and healthy lifestyle choices
Included in CarePath™ Coach Certification
- 21 hours of in-person training or 15 hours of online training both options include a two-year designation as Certified CarePath™ Coach upon completion.
- CarePath™ Coaching Manual and access to all materials
- Curriculum titled, Recovery & A Wellness Mindset, a 90 minute workshop for ongoing engagement post 90-120 days
- 20 renewal clock hours from N.Y.S. Office of Addiction Services & Support for CASAC
- Full suite of Instructor support and technical assistance
- Quarterly webinars throughout certification period
- Quarterly CarePath™ Newsletters
- Attendance at MHANYS annual conference/ workshops for CarePath™ Coaches
Want to become a CarePath™ Coach?
Training format for ON- and Off-line training;
In-person Training includes twenty-one hours of classroom instruction over the course of three days and taught by authorized MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors.
Trainings typically run for eight hours each day 9am-5pm including an hour for lunch (lunch included) and each class accommodates a maximum of 16 candidates.
Online training consists of 3 hours for five consecutive days (Mon – Fri) typically 9am – 12noon and includes off line assignments, and each class accommodates a maximum of 10 attendees.
Both On and Off line training include exercises, videos, role plays and coaching circles and are taught by authorized MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors.
You must be certified by Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. to be a CarePath™ Coach. MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors will determine certification based on participation, basic understanding of materials presented and a final brief presentation.
In-person class room instruction – $2,000 per-person or group rate of 6 or more attendees – $1,500 per-person/ maximum attendees per class is 16 and lunch is included in the cost.
Online class instruction – $1,500 per-person/ maximum attendees per class is 10.
Payment must accompany registration by credit card.
We recommend applying 6 to 8 weeks prior to your preferred course training date.
Upcoming CarePath™ Coach Trainings:
Online CarePath™ Coach training is now available. All trainings listed below are 3 hours in length from 9am- 12pm
- January 11 – 15
- February 8 – 12
- March 8 – 12
MHANYS online certification in the CarePath™ model includes instruction in trauma-informed guidelines for virtual engagement.
In-person CarePath™ Coach training will resume as soon as the health of our citizens is no longer at risk.
Director of Family Engagement & Support Services
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS)
518-434-0439 x 221