What is a
A CarePath™ Coach offers transitional support through the engagement of the individual and their family or identified supporters for the first 90 days transitioning from treatment settings including; hospitals, supportive housing, addiction rehabilitation centers, youth residential settings, correctional facilities, etc. CarePath™ participants all embark on a process of recovery alongside their loved ones and define their health and well-being with the realistic expectation that wellness similar to illness lives on a continuum.
A CarePath™ Coach assists the key person in need and their family members and/or supporters in:
- understanding the wellness continuum
- learning the process and principles of recovery
- developing realistic expectations and effective communication skills
- designing explicit goals and key elements of care within a defined period of time (90 days)
- each person identifies health and well-being through the 8 dimensions of wellness
- building on successes that influence the health of the whole family, including the children
- skill building to encourage connectedness and supportive relationships
- promotion of responsible decision-making and healthy lifestyle choices
Included in CarePath™ Coach Certification
- 24 hours of in-person training with a two-year designation as Certified CarePath™ Coach upon completion.
- CarePath™ Coaching Manual and access to all materials
- Curriculum titled, Recovery & A Wellness Mindset, a 90 minute workshop for ongoing engagement post 90 days
- 20 renewal clock hours from N.Y.S. Office of Addiction Services & Support for CASAC
- Support and technical assistance
- Quarterly webinars throughout certification period
- Attendance at MHANYS annual conference/ workshops for CarePath™ Coaches
Want to become a CarePath™ Coach?
Training cost for all three days:
- $1,500 per person and $1,000 per-person for groups sending 6 or more attendees
- Payment must accompany registration by credit card
- Agencies interested in sending 8 or more staff, MHANYS will provide on-site training
Training fee includes:
- Lunch during the training
- Training materials
- Full suite of Instructor support
- CarePath™ Coach training takes place over three days and is taught by authorized MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors.
- Each training accommodates a maximum of 18 candidates
- Trainings typically run for eight hours each day (9-5pm or 8:30-4:30pm)
- Trainings include classroom instruction, exercises, videos, role plays and coaching
- MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors will determine certification based on participation, basic understanding of materials presented and a final brief presentation.
You must be certified by Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. to be a CarePath™ Coach. Certification is achieved through attending 3-days of interactive classroom training.
We recommend applying 6 to 8 weeks prior to your preferred course training date.
Upcoming CarePath™ Coach Trainings:
CarePath™ Coach training will resume as soon as the health of our citizens is no longer at risk. MHANYS will be offering webinars that will support individuals and families moving through the next few months so check our website regularly for updates.
Director of Family Engagement & Support Services
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS)
518-434-0439 x 221