What is a
A CarePath™ Coach offers transitional support through the engagement of the individual and their family or identified supporters for the first 90 days transitioning from treatment settings including; hospitals, supportive housing, addiction rehabilitation centers, youth residential settings, correctional facilities, etc. CarePath™ participants all embark on a process of recovery alongside their loved ones and define their health and well-being with the realistic expectation that wellness similar to illness lives on a continuum.
A CarePath™ Coach assists the key person in need and their family members and/or supporters in:
- understanding the wellness continuum
- learning the process and principles of recovery
- developing realistic expectations and effective communication skills
- designing explicit goals and key elements of care within a defined period of time (90 days)
- each person identifies health and well-being through the 8 dimensions of wellness
- building on successes that influence the health of the whole family, including the children
- skill building to encourage connectedness and supportive relationships
- promotion of responsible decision-making and healthy lifestyle choices
Included in CarePath™ Coach Certification
- 24 hours of in-person training with a two-year designation as Certified CarePath™ Coach upon completion.
- CarePath™ Coaching Manual and access to all materials
- Curriculum titled, Recovery & A Wellness Mindset, a 90 minute workshop for ongoing engagement post 90 days
- 20 renewal clock hours from N.Y.S. Office of Addiction Services & Support for CASAC
- Support and technical assistance
- Quarterly webinars throughout certification period
- Attendance at MHANYS annual conference/ workshops for CarePath™ Coaches
Want to become a CarePath™ Coach?
Training cost for all three days:
- $1,500 per person and $1,000 per-person for groups sending 6 or more attendees
- Payment must accompany registration by credit card
- Agencies interested in sending 8 or more staff, MHANYS will provide on-site training
Training fee includes:
- Lunch during the training
- Training materials
- Full suite of Instructor support
- CarePath™ Coach training takes place over three days and is taught by authorized MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors.
- Each training accommodates a maximum of 18 candidates
- Trainings typically run for eight hours each day (9-5pm or 8:30-4:30pm)
- Trainings include classroom instruction, exercises, videos, role plays and coaching
- MHANYS CarePath™ Instructors will determine certification based on participation, basic understanding of materials presented and a final brief presentation.
You must be certified by Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. to be a CarePath™ Coach. Certification is achieved through attending 3-days of interactive classroom training.
We recommend applying 6 to 8 weeks prior to your preferred course training date.
Upcoming CarePath™ Coach Trainings:
- February 12-14, 2020
- March 23-25, 2020
Director of Family Engagement & Support Services
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS)
518-434-0439 x 221