The ultimate goal of the MHCP program is to prepare youth and adults in recovery to successfully transition to the community and support the health and wellbeing of their families. MHCP guides individuals and their families with structured support in their readiness for discharge and transition to the community. The relational perspective offers additional support for the youth or adults by engaging family members and other supporters in the community.
Summary of the Position
Reports to the Director of Mental Health Community Partners. This position has program delivery responsibilities, which include outreach, technical assistance, and delivery of trainings as assigned. This position will also participate and contribute to enhancing an office culture that is culturally respectful, client-centered, outcome-oriented, and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Provide overall program support for the MHANYS Mental Health Community Partners programming.
· Function as an MHANYS Mental Health Community Partners Instructor.
· Provide technical assistance to MHCP site organizations across NYS
– Assist in outreach and engagement activities designed to reach the diverse communities of NYS.
· Provide MHANYS training and presentations as assigned.
– Attend community and workplace meetings and workshops as assigned.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
– Professional, yet engaging, training style both in-person and online.
– Ability to:
1. work independently and collaboratively;
2. create, compose, and edit written materials;
3. gather data, compile information, and prepare reports; and
4. meet tight deadlines.
– Innovative and critical thinking skills necessary.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
– Ability to promote principles of recovery and cultural competency.
– Possess professional demeanor and commitment to high quality of service.
– Strong computer skills. Familiarity with online training/presentation/conferencing platforms, project management systems and MS/Google systems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor (or higher) in human services/helping professions or 5+ years related experience preferred. Preferred experience in direct work/care/support with individuals and families managing behavioral health challenges. Experience required for on/ off line training and presentation. MHANYS is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.
Location: MHANYS is currently a hybrid office. Ability to work in Albany required.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7, 2022