Please review the attached “Revised Protocols for Personnel in Clinical and Direct Care Settings to Return to Work Following COVID-19 Exposure or Infection.”
The advisory provides return-to-work guidance for:
- Asymptomatic Staff Exposed to COVID-19
- Asymptomatic Exposed Staff During a Staffing Shortage
- Staff Who Travel Out of State
- Staff With Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19
- Staff who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19—excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months.
The guidance also includes a link to an attestation form that must be filled out and submitted to OMH before any asymptomatic exposed staff is approved by the agency to return to the work location
This guidance DOES NOT pertain to OMH-licensed Article 31 programs operated by and located in Article 28 General Medical Hospitals (e.g. CPEPs, inpatient psychiatric units) which must follow the same staffing shortage procedures that apply to the overall hospital. Please refer to guidance from the NYS Department of Health.
Public Information Office
Office of Mental Health
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
Please do not reply to this address.
This mailbox is not monitored.
Feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? You are not alone. Call the NY Project Hope Emotional Support Helpline 7 days a week, 8am-10pm at 1-844-863-9314 or visit https://nyprojecthope.org