What is a
A CarePath™ Coach offers transitional support through the engagement of the individual and their family or identified supporters for the first 90 days post discharge. CarePath™ participants all embark on a process of recovery alongside their loved ones and define their health and well-being with the realistic expectation that wellness similar to illness lives on a continuum.
A CarePath™ Coach assists the key person in need and their family members and/or supporters in:
- understanding the wellness continuum
- learning the process and principles of recovery
- developing realistic expectations and effective communication skills
- designing explicit goals and key elements of care for a defined period of time (90 days)
- each person identifies health and well-being through the 8 dimensions of wellness
- building on successes that influence the health of the whole family, including the children
- skill building to encourage connectedness and supportive relationships
- promotion of responsible decision-making and healthy lifestyle choices
How to Become a Certified CarePath™ Coach
Certification as a CarePath™ Coach includes:
- 20 hours of in-person MHANYS CarePath™ Program training with a two-year designation as Certified CarePath™ Coach upon completion.
- CarePath™ Coaching Manual and presentation materials.
- Support and Technical Assistance
- quarterly webinars throughout certification period
- technical assistance as needed
- annual conference for CarePath™ Coaches
Director of Family Engagement & Support Services
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS)
518-434-0439 x 221